Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tuesday 6 September 2011 Our First Homecooked Meal

Well I did it.  I made our first homecooked meal here.  Everything is just about unpacked in my kitchen.  I worked all day yesterday to get this accomplished and boy was I tired.  I made Chicken and Rice.  Of course over here, you can get it in a lot of the restaurants.  But I be that they didn't use three differents types of Campbells cream soups.  It was delicious.  Just like I made it at home.  But it took some getting there.

Of course, I had to unpack all the boxes yesterday to find my dishes and utensils.  Then I had to make sure that I had all the ingredients.  We had gone shopping Sunday, but I forgot the cream of mushroom soup.  So after today's unpacking (our bedroom and bathroom stuff)  I got dressed and walked around the corner to the nearest market.  It is a decent Fair Price store.  I saw several things that I needed and wanted, but I remembered that I only have two hands and it's about 1/2 mile back up the hill to the house.  So I found the soup.  Got some strawberries and Sara Lee Pound cake for dessert and milk and headed back up the hill.  I forgot to tell you that it was hot and sunny outside also and it was uphill.  Luckily, there are some small trees that line the sidewalks along the way. 

As I was walking by one of the trees, I saw something big out of the side of my head go up the tree.  At first  I thought it was a squirrel, but as I kept going around the tree to see it, it kept spiraling up the tree.  Finally, I think I saw it.  It was a really big fat lizard of some kind.  It was about a foot long and big and fat.  I started walking a little faster.  I don't really know what it was.  When I find out, I'll let you know. 

Yesterday, the cable/internet/telephone guys came out and hooked us up. The put all the internet and phone stuff on the second floor and the cable box on the first floor.  What they have here is different from what we have.  They have these little white plug in boxes that you just plug into an electrical outlet and it gives you wifi on any floor.  The cable box has to be moved to each floor if you want to use it though.  Of course, it's not worth moving.  Most of the tv shows are in chinese or some other language.  It does have video on demand shows though.  Most are old movies or tv shows that we don't watch or haven't watched in years or we've never heard of them.  One of my friends here told me that we can get a slingbox here and sign up with a company called American TV 2 Go.  I've got to have Ernie talk to her husband at work and get that going.  I maybe watching morning shows at night and night shows in the morning, but who cares.  I'm ready for some good american commercials.  I could sit and watch the weather channel and cnn all day and be happy. 

Today I also hung up all my clothes that I brought.  I am now officially in three bedroom closets.  I need to go in and fold up the long sleeve things and put them in the upper shelves of the closets and out of the way.  My shoe racks won't even fit in my closets.  There's plenty of closet space, it's just not hanging space.  Lots and lots of drawers and shelves, but very few hanging bars.  I also unpacked the boxes from our bathroom.  Now what do we do with all that stuff.  We had such a nice new bathroom that hid all that stuff.  I do miss my bathroom.  I guess that we'll have to head to IKEA to buy something to put all that stuff in.  I think that will have to happen this weekend for sure.  I don't want all those rubbermaid boxes laying in my bedroom floor for too long. 

We also need to make sure and buy a rug to put under our bed.  As I was getting up this morning from the bed, I rolled over and the bed rolled out from under me.  You see, our bedframe is not attached to our headboard.  Never has been.  But it wasn't a problem before when it was on carpet.  Now, it's on a wood floor and it moves all over.  Well, when it moved, I landed on my side.  It didn't hurt too much as it was one of those slow motion rolls.  Good thing there is a carpet auction coming up on the 23rd. 

Better get going for now, it's getting late and it's been a long day. 

Miss you all  and love you bunches,

Trece

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are settled in and cooking! It sounds so nice! Are you using your new bedding? You need to post a picture of it because I never got to see it in your house here I don't think. Our year is still going well, but I think it all has to do with the group of kids. They are so much more respectful and listen to you when you tell them to do something. It's been pretty much amazing to me after last year, where every single day was a battle. We miss you so much and I feel like I have questions every day to ask you, but I'm having to be a big girl and make my own decisions and find other people to bother instead haha. I'm glad you are able to cook and have more of a home to live in how. I know you will make it a home. Miss you and love you!!

    ReplyDelete