Friday, August 12, 2011

Day 11- August 11, 2011

Finally sleeping in until 8.  Of course that will end next Monday as Elliott starts back to school.  Not really sure what time his bus comes.  I'm sure it will be early. 

Our day has become pretty routine.  Go upstairs to eat breakfast at the buffet.  Go do something like shopping or sightseeing, go eat lunch, head back to watch a movie on tv and play on the computer adn then decide what we're doing for dinner. 

Today is no different.  At the buffet, I had a boiled egg, chicken sausages, some watermelon, and toast.  There are a lot of other things that you can have at the buffets.  Cake, lots of pastries,  some things with curry, chicken nuggets (yep-I swear these are from McDonalds), some unknown things that I won't touch and always watermelon. 

After breakfast, Elliott and I went into the little living room off the breakfast room and sat in the massage chair.  It was super !!  It was like a person was in back of you doing a real massage.  I haven't done it before, but I think I'll be a regular after Elliott starts school.

I decided that we needed to head to the hair salon that Chris C. suggested and make an appointment with the person that she suggested.  We took a taxi to the mall that it's located in because I knew that it was quite a walk from the MRT and I didn't want to be sweaty when I got there.  Made an appoinment for Aug. 23.  Kelly, my hairdresser of 30 years, made sure to write down my hair color recipe to give to them.  I sure hope I don't end up with something that isn't what it's supposed to be.  So I have an appointment with one person for color and Adrian for hair cut.  Rememeber, not everyone knows how to take care of Anglo hair.  Keep your fingers crossed.  I'll post pictures when it happens.

We decided that we would walk back to the MRT since it wasn't too hot outside.  Here's a picture of the 4 huge malls at the four corners of Orchard Road.  The one on the right is the one with the most expensive stuff in it.  They are all 5 to 6 stories tall.  And huge. 

Headed back to the apartment  to watch our afternoon tv.

I have to show you that I have been decorating the apartment.  Here's what I added to the mantle above the tv. 


Don't you like it?  It feels like home!!

Thinking about dinner tonight.  I think pasta and Prego sauce is the fair.  I wonder if that rice cooker will cook pasta too??

Night for now.

Trece

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see your new Singapore hairdo! I'm sure it will be great, you might even like it better! lol ;0) I LOVE the cute little picture frame!!! Kacey and I were both just saying a couple of days ago we want to frame a picture of the three of us. I have those we took in our science shirts on my camera so I need to get that off and email it to y'all. I can't wait to hear about Elliot and how he enjoys school. Hope you're having a good night's sleep!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete