Thursday, August 4, 2011

Day 4-August 4, 2011

Up Early today about 6.  Went to eat breakfast upstairs.  It is pouring down rain outside.  It looks like Texas hurricane rain or gully washers.    Luckily, we were driven down to the "Pass" office to get our dependent passes.  A young lady met us there to walk with us and help us.  They were a little concerned about our pictures that we had.  Not enough of our eyebrows were showing.  Apparently, they are really particular about these.  Ernie said that he had to have his picture retaken and the lady even moved his mouth the way she wanted it.  They weren't so particular about ours.  We're just dependents. 

Headed back up to Orchard Scotts to decide what to do with the rest of the day.  By the way, did I tell you that there are a lot of escalators to get on and off the MRT.  And they run really fast.  And I really hate them.  Ernie and Elliott are half way down by the time I am okay to get on. 

Decided to go to lunch at the Newton Food Court.  There are about 100 little booths and asian foods to choose from.  After looking at just about all of them, we found something that each of us wanted.  Did I tell you that we walked over and back in the rain?  More rain. 

Ernie was looking at his emails and found out that there was a meeting that he should go to, so he decided to go to work.  Elliott wanted to go to the Woodlands and meet with Olivia and some friends.  So that leaves me here trying to figure out how to use this dryasher (washer/dryer combo).  You can't put too much in.  There are so many buttons to figure out.  I had to look on line for a manual to see how the thing works.  Apparantly there are some functions that I still don't know about.  Surely it doesn't take nearly 3 hours to do one load of washing and drying.  At this rate, it's going to take me a week to finish our laundry and I'll never catch up.  And I'm going to actually cook something tonight. 
Pasta and vegetables.  Now I've got to figure out how to use a propane stove.  Yes, I said a propane stove.  I think I'll wait until Ernie gets home and I'll keep working on the laundry.  It's about 6 p.m. here so I better go put another load of clothes in if I want them to finish before midnight.  See you tomorrow.

Much love,
Trece

2 comments:

  1. I love this!!! I am so glad you started a blog of your adventures!! Now we can keep up with everything you do!! :0) It sounds like you have been busy but are settling in well. I miss y'all so much and can't wait to come see you!! yeee!! Good luck with the laundry haha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol you crack me up... I think I did well on my TAAS writing, I probably did get 4s lol... I miss you too! I wish I could send you some sonic ice!!

    ReplyDelete