Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Day 23- Tuesday- 23 August 2011

Usual wake-up time.  6:15. 

Today, I'm headed to get my hair done.  This is really scarey.  I have an appointment at 10  a.m. at Sabun Cabanne.  It's in Tanglin Mall which is where all the expats hang out if you want to see them or if you want to get anything american like. 

As I went in, I was seated at a short sit down chair (not like the American pump-up chairs).  My hair colorist, Danny, came in and we discussed what color I wanted.  I showed him Kelly's recipe that she had written down for me. It meant very little to him since he was using German products.  He told me to keep it and we would look at color swatches.  He picked 3 colors.  While he was painting on the color like Kelly does, a sweet young girl (looked like Mariah Casteneda) started on my pedicure.  This was wonderful.  As Danny finished up, he put a dryer looking think that went round and round behind my head and it had heat coming out of it.  She continued to do my pedicure while my hair was cooking.  Kelly-it never started hurting before it was through cooking.  She slipped on the little thongs over my feet and I was off to the wash bowl.  What a head and neck massage she gave me.  I was nearly asleep!!

Headed back to my chair and Adrian met me there.  He started drying my hair and then started cutting it.  He called it texturizing.  It looked like thinning shears to me.  But I don't know.  He angled up the back off my neck.  After losing about half my hair, he said -do you like it?  I'm only 50% through.    I couldn't imagine losing more.  It's actually the same on top but shorter. 

I love the color, but I think the cut is too short for me.  If I put it behind my ears, it reminds me of when I had a pixie cut in 1st grade.  He said that I didn't need a cut for about 6 weeks.  I'm thinking that it may be longer.  Like when I see Kelly in December.  I will need color though. 

Of course Ernie came in just now and said that he liked it.  To keep getting it cut this way.  We'll see. 
Are you sitting down?  Let me tell you total bill.  Kelly obviously doesn't charge enough.  My bill was $284 Singapore dollars.  You can close your mouth now.  I did walk back instead of taking a cab.  I walked about 1/4 mile and rode the MRT home.  I think I've saved enough by not owning a car.  And it feels good too. 

When I got back I started back on the laundry and I'm still working on it.  Tomorrow, I'm going to my first American Women's Association meeting at the American Club.  I'm going with Joelle Guillfoyle.  We're meeting at Novena MRT.  Then we're taking a taxi from there.  We don't want to look drippy and sweaty our first meeting of the year.  I'll let you know how it goes. 

Need to get Ernie and Elliott something for dinner.

Love to all,
Trece

No comments:

Post a Comment