Friday, August 12, 2011

Day 12- 12 August 2011

Did you notice that I changed the title?  I need to learn to put the date before the month, so this is as good a place to start as any. 

Ernie is home today.  We have lots of errands to run. 

After piddling around here, we headed off for the Woodlands to take care of some stuff at the school. Ernie is getting around much better here.  Headed into the guarded gate at the school and found that it was quite busy.  Took care of getting our parent passes and our parking pass for the school.  That didn't take long as we had done most of the leg work for it last week.  Picked up  a copy of Elliott's bus schedule.  He has to be down at the front office by 6:46 a.m. for the bus ride.  She said that there are several kids that ride in from Orchard Scotts right now, so I guess they get to ride one of the big buses.  I'm pulling for the big yellow one.    He'll probably have to ride in the back like he did in Ms. Hart's bus since he's a big kid. 

We headed up to the booster Booth at the high school where they sell all the shirts, shorts, t-shirts and yes-even hoodies. You would never believe how many blond moms there area working that booth.  I felt like I was back in Bay Oaks.   Five shirts and two pairs of gym shorts later, we headed on out to the DBS.

DBS is Development Bank of Singapore.  We needed to add me to the joint account.  Now that I have a dependent pass, I could actually get a hold of our money.  This took about 1 and 1/2 hours.  My name is on the account and I have a debit card.  Ernie also noticed that there a "pending" charge of $150 on the online banking statement so he decided to find out what it was.  After another 30 minutes or so and us believing that someone had stolen our account number and taken money, the banker found out what the charge was.  You are charge on your account a "pending" amount  until the bank pays the actual amount of the charge.  Luckily, this only goes for the petrol station.  Two hours later, we walked out of the bank.  I was starving.  It was 3 and we hadn't eaten lunch.  Luckily, there was a Starbucks next to the bank.  We all had something to drink. 

Onward to another chore.  Getting Elliott a phone.  We walked to our usual mall in the Woodlands and inquired about getting him a phone.  When we talked with the girl up front, she said there would be an $800 deposit on his line.  But when we actually started setting it up and getting the phone, another person said there would be no deposit since he was under 18. He has unlimited texting.  He's really excited about getting an iphone.  I hope he doesn't fall up the stairs at his new school and crack this one. 

Got back to the apartment and walked over to a little bistro behind us.  Walking is not too bad here in the afternoon under the trees.  It was cool, a little breeze, and NO MOSQUITOES !!  They was spray everything.  I know they spray the sewers regularly.  I don't know how they do it, but we could learn something from them. 

I have to admit something.  I am a napkin thief.  Yes, a Napkin thief.  Every time I can get my hand on paper napkins, I stuff some in my purse.  You see, they don't always give you napkins and they don't always have them in the places we eat.  These are nice places,  but I must say, I think I'll be visiting Starbucks and McDonalds more often as they have  an unlimited supply. 

Well, that's all for now.  We hooked up our Vonage phone thing to try and call Daddy.  It worked for about 10 minutes.  I'm not sure but I think there is a power problem here.  There are not enough plugs and our cable keeps going off, blah, blah, blah, blah.  You can get the picture. 

Better go for now.  I have to get up at 5:30 in the morning.  We have parent orientation at SAS at 8:30 and to vie for a parking place, we need to get their early. 

Much love to all,

Trece

1 comment:

  1. Well maybe you should go sell hoodies too mom!! I can't wait to see what Elliot thinks about school!! I'm so glad you have a new debit card too!! :0) And I love it that you are a napkin thief.. I do that around here too sometimes if I need some for my car. ;0)

    ReplyDelete