Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 15- 15 August 2011

Got up early this morning.  5:30.  First Day of School for Elliott.  Elliott and I headed down to the front of the building to meet the bus around 6:30.  No one else was out there.  A bus arrived about 6:35.  It was one of those big travel buses.  It did have the number 84 on it.  So Elliott hopped on.  About that time other kids and their parents came to get on the bus.  Some parents started saying "that wasn't their bus number."  I asked if they read their emails last night and some had and some hadn't.  Of course the bus people didn't have a list of the kids that were to get on their bus.  At this point, I took a picture of the license plate.  I wanted to make sure that I could find him if they were trying tro traffic kids in Malaysia.  We figured out that his bus had only older kids on it and the other bus was elementary kids.  Off he went at 6:45 to the first day of school in a foreign land. 

And it was my first day of not going to school in 20 years.  Really strange feeling.  I knew what I had to do today.  Yes-again, I must face that laundry machine.  It was better though.  I have finally figured out that I just need to break the piles in half or thirds, and not even attempt to dry anything in that machine.  I hang dry everything. 

About 9, it started to rain, wait, no it started to pour like a good Texas gully washer.  That lasted about an hour and then it slowed down to a continuous rain.  Looks like it's going to be a good day to stay in and relax.  Around noon, I thought that I would try and get out to shop at the market.  By the time I was ready to go, it started pouring again.  Oh well, I think I'll watch a movie or read some news on line. 

Started reading a new book on my great Nook Color that my favorite people in Clear Lake gave me as a going away gift.  My Nook is the one thing that I could not live without here right now.  I can do everything on it. Read, Browse and play games.  Everyone needs one.  Before I knew it, It was time for Elliott to come home.  Strolled out with an umbrella to meet him at the bus and there were lots and lots of other mothers waiting for their children to arrive back.  I was one of the first to know they were arriving because my child had a phone with him. (Not like the elementary kids)  Right on time.  He had a good day.  Hopefully, he'll have a good year. 

The best part about looking at his stuff was that I had no paperwork to fill out.  Of course, we have been doing that for the past 3 or 4 months.  Not sure if he's going to stick with the Chinese though.  He will probably change to Spanish 1. 

Got to go for now.  We have to get up early again.  Ernie and I are going to do a walk through in the house and check it out.  I can't wait to see my new home. 

Love to all

Trece

1 comment: