Monday, August 22, 2011

Day 21- Sunday- 21 August 2011

Lazy morning. Ernie didn't have a very good night.  The hummus  and olive dips didn't agree with him.  I don't think I'v ever seen him so sick.  He says that he feels much better.  I sure hope it's not his gallbladder.  Would sure hate to use his holiday time to have surgery.  I think for now, he'll just have to watch what he eats. 

 Elliott's doing homework.  We're trying to get ready to check on the house.  Moving kinda slowwwww.  Elliott got to see his rooms for the first time.  I say rooms because he actually has three on the third floor.  One for his bed.  One for his desk and stuff to study and the other of course is the huge playroom.  He's already decided to set up a projector on one end and the tv will be somewhere in between and there will be room to spare.  We think our breakfast room table will have to go up there since our dining room table will be on the first floor.  We may have to settle with the "old brown" couch on the second floor with us and the blue chairs.  Oh, I just forgot that we bought the Lazy Boy chairs.  Those are definitely going on the 2nd floor den with us and the tv armoire.  Elliott can have the old brown couch and blue chairs.    I hate to have the movers carry those two armoires any higher than the second floor.  It will be bad enough to get them up there. 

We definitely decided that we need to do some landscaping outside.  Our place looks like it had not every had anything done to it.  That will give us something to do.  It's not big, but it will look good.  I'll post pictures when we tackle that job. 

We had lunch at McDonalds at the Civic Center.  And you have no idea how good that tastes to us.  I think Ernie and Elliott would eat the local food but they know that I don't really care for it.  I did find a place nearby that has some Vietnamese spring rolls.  I hope they live up to Kim Son's. 

Off to the market in the mall.  We ended up with two baskets full.  Fruit, Chicken, Stuff for Pasta.  Cereal. I keep looking for Hot Pockets, but they just don't seem to have them.  I did find Lean Cuisine.  But for $10 each, I can eat something else or cook it my self. 

As we were checking out, Elliott noticed something on top of the stand that we could candy and gum.  Well they don't have gum. They have condoms here.  Yes-Condoms.  All kinds.   I can't believe.  I definitely gave him the evil eye.

We arrived back at the apartment to head out for another trip.  Elliott wanted to look at speakers for his playroom.  So he found "the mall" to look for them.  It's called Sim Lim Center.  It's in Little India.  And we can walk.  Road the train and with one switch at Dhoby Ghaut.  It was hard to find as it was six floors high.  Six Floors of Electronics, Computers, Etc. Etc. And of course we had to look at every floor.  I don't know how they survive.  They all carry the same think.  It's not like they are big huge stores like Frys.  There are booths the size of my classroom or smaller.  My feet were killing me by the time we got to the top.  My feet still hurt after nearly a day. I thought Skeechers (sp.?) were supposed to be comfortable.  Well the pair that I have aren't.  Does anyone want them?

Made it back to the apartment about 7 and started the rice to cook for dinner.  The rice is really good here.  Of course, there are about 100 different kinds. 

Tomorrow I have to do laundry.  I think it will take a couple of days again.  I don't know why I don't do some every day.  I just forget.  I hate to leave the piles out on the floor to remind, but I guess that's what it is going to take to remind me. 

Better go for now.  Get ready for a new week of adventure.  See what suprises it holds. 

Love to all,
Trece

No comments:

Post a Comment