Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Day 9-August 9, 2011

Happy Singapore National Day !!

We attempted to go the Jurong Bird Park.  It looked  really interesting and a good thing to do since Ernie was off and we could drive there.  Well, we were wrong.  The parking lot, which I think held maybe 200 cars, was full and running over.  I think the way to go there is either not on a holiday, take a cab, or take public transportation.  Maybe another day.  So on we went to the Woodlands to do our weekly grocery shopping.  Causeway Point has a good market in their mall plus it has a car garage.  Ernie has learned to back into the spaces very well since he is required to park that way at the lot at work.  Sometimes the people are not very patient at letting him back up though and they start to honk, but for the most part, people are friendly drivers. 


We went through the market and picked up a whole cooked chicken, rice, pasta, small jar of Prego, some mushrooms, some salt, some grated parmesean cheese, some perrier water, and a bottle of cheap australian wine.  I'll be cooking this week a couple of nights for sure.  We have no tupperware with us, so we have to eat it all in one night I guess. 

Outside the store we stopped at a bakery that had all kinds of small pastries that we picked up for dinner.  We picked up around 12 for $8.50.  Now that was a steal !!  And they were all good. 

After the store, we drove around the Woodlands to try and get the lay of the land.  It is so hard to tell if I have been by something before or not, because the tall buildings all look a like.  Once I get here, I'll have to get out and ride my bike around and try to figure it out.  It's easier now to get around  the city. 

Back at the house now and I'm trying to do a little laundry.  It's 6:30 and I'm a little sleepy.  The only thing on tv is CNN talking about the riots in England.  So sad. 

We are looking  now at plane tickets back to the states in December.  Singapore Airlines still looks like the best even though it is a little more expensive.  The layover in Moscow is short and the seats in economy are an inch wider than the ones on Continental.  I know that sounds like a crazy reason to pick an airline but with my behind being wider than others, it is a must.    

I better go turn off the dryer, I hear the high pitch whine of the machine screaming like an airplane engine. 

Not a really exciting day, but I think we must be getting used to being at home in the compartment here. 

Much love for the everyone,

Trece

2 comments:

  1. I like the sound of you buying tickets to come home. :0) Yesterday I went up to school (didn't know if you saw my post or not) and when I walked by your room I started to tear up. It still had your name over the door but none of your stuff was in there... she has a twilight poster in there so I was like What??? That's not Mom's!! waaahhh..... Anyway, you'll have to try that bird jungle again, it sounded cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and a Harry Potter one too! lol.... this is going to be an interesting year...

    ReplyDelete