Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Day 24- Wednesday-24 August 2011

Well, it's hump day.  And I'm headed to the American Club with Joelle to join the American Women's Association.  We rode a taxi so that we were not sweaty when we got there.  There were many taxis waiting to drop everyone off.  Guess they all had the same idea. 

Saw a couple of ladies that are in Orchard Scotts with me.  One of them is my neighbor across the hall.  She's from Colorado.  As you went in, you were handed white beads if you were new and pink beads if you were returning.  Of course the first room was for sign up.  I knew that they offered several things that I wanted to do, so I gave them my info and my money and signed up.  I am a member. 

We went into a large room with an inner box like row of tables and an outer row of tables.  Each of those tables had something to do or join.  There were quilting groups, scrapbooking groups, table with tours, tables with bunco, mah jong, tables with choirs, tables with movie groups, tables with Breat Cancer walks, tables with aiding young girls that have been abused, tables with Carpet Tour Sells, many more tables and lots of food.  We signed up for more than we will ever do, but at least we will get the information about them if we want to do them. 

As we were mingling, I met the Joelle pointed out the ambassador's wife.  I introduced myself and mentioned that I had heard her son was working on his Eagle.    Of course, I mentioned that Elliott had just gotten his and that our boys should meet each other and talk about their experiences.  Is this considered a "connection?" 

We dropped into a small room off the big room to find someone that Joelle was looking for.  In there were 4 tables for signing up for various tennis groups.  We looked at each other and said "no." 
We left after that and walked to a place down the stree,t or I think it was down the stree,t to eat lunch.
Went to a new MRT station and a new mall.  It was a very nice place.  We had dumplings, fried triangle things, fried rice and something else that I don't remember.  It was all very good. 

Here we went our separate ways.  Joelle went home to take a nap and I headed off to the store.  Trying to think of something different, I decided that I would try some stir fry stuff.  I had made some at home a long time ago.  I picked up cabbage, pork, oil, soy sauce and  peas.  I also picked up some chicken and some bacon for later.  That was enough to carry home.  It was heavy and my arms were already full with my purse and my goody bag from the meeting.  Made it home around 2.  Just enough time to take a cat nap before Elliott comes home. 

I want to show you a few things that I haven't shown you.  First of all - my new hairdo. 
Short-Isn't it

Next I would like to show you my money.  It reminds me of play monopoly money.  Some even have clear parts to them.   They are different colors, so it makes it easy to keep it separated and neat in my wallet. 
I tried to turn it around but it had it's own mind



Now here's a funny story.  Ernie asked at work last week if they had a  notepad that he could have to take some notes about various things.  Here's what they handed him. 
Compare it to the remote size
Really???  I would have given anything to see the look on his face when they handed it to him.  Now in comparison.  Here is the Composition book that Elliott bought for physics for a couple of dollars. 
Crazy Thing turned side ways again
His composition book is actually bound and the pages are numbered.  I don't know if I told you that their regular paper is longer than ours.  Elliott bought all new binders and paper at the Booster Booth today.  I guess I wasted all that air freight room on paper and binders. 

Later, I attempted to cook stir fry in an 8 inch frying pan.  Cooked the pork first, then the peas, then threw in the cabbage.  Cooked the rice in the cooker and had to blend it on our own plates.  Did I say that I missed my kitchen stuff. 

Washing another load to try and stay caught up. Ha Ha. 

Better go for now.  We'll see what tomorrow brings. 

Much love, Trece

3 comments:

  1. MOM!! I was so behind until today! I just read four days worth of Singapore fun!!! I love your hair cut!! The color looks perfect and I think the cut looks cute on you!! :0) I love all of the things you talk about, I would have loved to see Ernie's notepad, that is hilarious. Please tell me that he is actually using it!! I can't wait to come and visit, I keep imaging the things you are talking about like I"m there with you. :0) I survived the first week of school! Things are not the same without you, but we are doing good and I think we will have a good year. I'm so thankful. Love you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is actually using the notepad. His boss finally gave him a a bigger one. The secretary had given him the little one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the new haircut!

    ReplyDelete