Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 16- 16 August 2011

Elliott got up by himself and got out the door to the bus without any yelling.  So far, so good.  Ernie and I got ready for my first trip to see our new house.  We have driven to the Woodlands enough that I think I could find my way there without a map.  I didn't say drive there.  I told Ernie on the way that maybe I should learn to drive on the highway late at night and just drive the highways.  Even if you get on the wrong one, you just keep going and can get on another one right after that.  Just don't get off the PIE, the BKE, KJE or any other major highway.  And watch out for the little motorcycles that come in from Malaysia.  They are suicidal !!  It's those little kind of motorcycles that sound like little bees going by your ear.  They will drive in the same lane as you right up next to you and pass you up.  The highest speed limit is 55.  There are very few speeders.  All the little and big trucks actually stay in the 2 left lanes. 

Well, anyway, we arrived at our new home at 1 Oakwood Grove and met the Realtor and the Renter's Agent for a walk through. Ernie backed into the carport.  They do that everywhere.  I won't be backing in.  I don't do well thinking backwards.  Luckily,  our car has one of those screens that shows you what you are going to run into and beeps really loud before you do it.  That still won't help me.

 The realtor, who actually acts as an agent for Exxon who is actually the renter and they are just letting us live there, was British.  She had lived in Singapore for 18 years.  She was doing a great job of acting on our behalf.  She told the man that it had to be professionally cleaned first.  I noticed that the floors really needed cleaning as everyone takes off their shoes and leaves them outside and I was bare footed.  Yuk !!  Don't worry, I won't be requiring that.  We will have something at the front door on the inside and we'll have slippers for everyone. (I just realized that would be a great Halloween gift to give away here.  I heard that someone gave away umbrellas instead of candy.  Flip Flops.  I wonder how much they are?)

Sorry, I'm straying from the story I want to tell.  Walking in to the home, you find a huge living room and dining room on the left and the staircase in front of you. 

Looking towards the Front Door on Left


From the dining room, you can walk into a small bedroom and bath on the right or head to the left into the kitchen.





Out the kitchen door, I saw the best thing that I could see......



GE-They Bring Good Things to Life !!!!!


I must show you something that I hope to never use.  The helpers quarters.  They are truly as small as they look.






It's normal here though.  Here's our new backyard

Sorry-no pool party here ladies. 

Now up the stairs we climb.  First you see our 2nd floor Den
Turn to the right at the top of the stairs and you see "The Pink Room" and "The Blue Room" as I called them at home.  They each have there own baths.

We told them to replace the toilet seats in the two baths because we didn't want any of "Our Girls" sitting on ugly toilet seats.  All white seats.

Now we head across the den to the master bedroom.  I have also attached a picture of what I'll wake up to every morning if the curtains are open and I plan on leaving them open.  It's too pretty not to. 
Our Neighbors House Across the Side Street

Moving on up the the 3rd Floor-Elliott's World-

He will actually have two bedrooms and a shared bath between them and the huge gameroom on this floor. 


I told him that he would be getting paid to take care of everything up here, because I'm not going up that far.  I'll just pay him to carry his laundry up there.  Maybe pay him to drag me up there. 

Well-here's the strangest looking part-looking down the stair well of our new home. Kinda scarey if you ever fell over.


The light brown in the middle is the bottom floor. 

Well that's our new home.  Hopefully we move in around the 1st week of September.  I'll post pictures of  everything when we get settled.  I can't wait to see how they are going to get those huge armoires up three flights of stairs. I guess I'll have to put some food at the top to feed them when they get them up the stairs. 


Just kind of piddled around the rest of the day until Elliott got in.  He and I went into Novena Square looking for lycra shorts to go under his gym shorts.  The coaches wanted them when they are doing personal defense and wrestling in PE.   Novena is supposed to have all the sports clothes that you could want.  Well $70 later, we found a pair of shorts.  I think I'll keep looking for some more, maybe at Carre Four.  I did find some really cute athletic shoes for $35 dollars.  It looks like the athletic shoes are about the same price as around US. 

Stopped at a Panera Bread type place and had the best sandwich.  Turkey, Brie, and cranberry sauce on Foccacia Roll.  It was to die for.  Of course, I really hadn't eaten since breakfast.  Went around the corner and picked up some other pastries to take home.  They really like their breads here.  They put sausages, cheese, ham, lots of other stuff on the breads.  I don't know how they aren't huge eating all this.  There are bread/pastry stores everywhere on every corner.  Now we have something for breakfast. 

Ernie and Elliott headed out for dinner and I decided to stay here and type this. Didn't really want to get out again.  Poor Ernie, there is really nothing here except cereals, and breads here to eat.  It's just too much trouble to cook in this compartment. 

On a side note, Elliott's AP Social Studies gave them an assigment to write a one minute speech on I think elected officials or somebody like that.  Elliott just knew that he could do Rick Perry because nobody knows who he is and that they wouldn't want to do him.  Wrong.  There were 3 other students that just moved in from Texas.  They selected Rick Perry first and  but they really didn't know who he was.  Elliott has Obama.  No one else in his class wanted to do him, so Elliott took him.  Looks like that class may lean to the right a bit.  Elliott may stick out in that class.

My job tomorrow is to find a towel for Elliott's gym class.  I haven't seen a store that has linens yet. Guess I better get on line and see what I can find.  Isn't the internet great !!  Thanks Google !!

Good Day to All,

Trece














No comments:

Post a Comment