Saturday, August 20, 2011

Day 20- Saturday- 20 August 2011

This morning sure came early after staying up so late trying to get tickets home.  Piddled around here most of the morning.  Ernie and I went to Novena to pick up his shirts at the laundry, had a little lunch and came back.  You should have seen the looks that he got on the way back on the train holding his shirts on the hangers.  I'm not sure whether they were wondering why he didn't have his "helper" carrying them or whether they thought "how dare he carry those on the train." 

It was time to try again and make reservations on the airline.  With me on the computer and Ernie calling out all the information, we got through without being timed out.  The time came to put in our credit card stuff and push the button.  Please let it work.  If it didn't work we were going to the office of Sing Air personally.  Holding our breath, I pushed the button and it worked.  Yeah!!!  We have reservations to come home Dec. 17.  I really can't believe that it worked, but I sure was glad that it did. 

Later in the afternoon, Elliott left to meet some of his friends at the movie at Somerset.  I sure hope he can find his way.  We haven't been there.  Ern and I waited around and headed out to a place called Robertson Quay.  It's next to Clarke Quay but not so touristy.  Too many people at Clarke Quay at night.   As we were walking along the Singpore River, we entered an under the bridge walkway ( kind of like the ones at San Antonio but bigger).  Ernie showed me a sign that he had told me about back at home.  It's the one where it tells you not to ride bikes there and that the fine is $1000.  He was correct in saying that there was no mistake with the decimal.  I won't be riding my bike there. 


Can you believe?  Of course I came to understand very quickly why they do this.  I was nearly run down with a bunch of kids on those scooters.  Kids !!


We stopped and ate at a place called Boom a Rang.  Yes, it was an australian restaurant.  They have kangaroo to eat but we didn't get any this time since Elliott wasn't with us.  We got some pita chips and turkish breads with spreads and a lamb and mushroom pizza that was great.  We ordered too much food.  We actually for the first time got to bring food home.  And it was reasonable. 

It wasn't too much of a hike back to the MRT but when food starts kicking in on a late night, we were exhausted.  I haven't shown you any pictures of the MRT that we ride.  It's so clean.  Sometimes empty and sometimes packed.  
Clarke Quay Train Platform

Train at Dhoby Ghaut More Crowded

Inside the Train-"Mind the Gap" or Behr-hati-hati

Our Stop-Newton Station above the Platform



It's alwasy nice to get back to our compartment especially after a long walk.  Now to see if we can stay awake until Elliott gets back.  I better call him and tell him to hurry up and get home.


Good Night to all,

Trece


No comments:

Post a Comment