Friday, August 5, 2011

Day 5-August 5, 2011

Ernie being the dedicated person that he is went to work today and of course I was awake and up at 6.  Still thinking about that laundry, I decided to let Elliott sleep and left it alone.  I guess it's back to a routine time around here. 

Worked yesterday on getting the ice maker to work.  You don't get ice around here.  They chill drinks and serve it.  But I want ice. It made a bucket full, so now I have to empty that one out and fill the container with more water.  Yes, I have to fill a container.  It is not hooked up to the water in the wall.  How hard could that be?  It's right next to the sink.  Which reminds me.  Let me tell you about cooking in the new kitchen.  I waited for Ernie to get home so I could boil the water for the pasta.  He had to turn on the big propane bottle under the hob. (oven)  It took forever for it to boil and after eating it, I would have rather just had plain rice.  We also had corn.  We have a combination oven-microwave,  I put the corn in a bowl and pushed a button that looked like a start button.  Well the corn starting popping out of the bowl in about 5 sections.  Obviously, their microwaves are stronger than ours.  I'm really not looking forward to cooking much more here.  I miss my icemaker, my kitchen and most of all-my washer and dryer (separate). 

Elliott and I are headed out around noon to go to the market. I think we'll take a cab though. It's only $5. It's a really long walk from the nearest MRT. Everything that I buy will be melted. 

Well, I didn't buy much.  Some coke, some matches, a sponge, and some tea.  We went to a mall that we hadn't been to this week.  It's only one MRT stop from us.  It's called Novena Square.  We actually ate at a Burger King.  It was really good !!  Nothing exciting.  I'm getting better at the escalators.  I didn't hesitate as much. 

Spent the rest of the afternoon on the computer, straightening up, reorganizing and washing one load of laundry.  Waiting on Ernie to come home so we can go out to eat.  I've already decided that kitchen wasn't made for cooking.  At least for me. 

Went back to eat dinner at Novena Square.  Went to a Japanese restaurant.  The boys like it.  I don't.  I got gyoza (stuffed dumplings).  Ernie got home late so we were the second to last out of the restaurant.  It was only 10.  I guess these people wanted to go home or something.  Walked back  from the the MRT late at night.  You would never do that in Houston.  Not even in Clear Lake. 

Put in another load of clothes to wash.  Knits aren't as bad as cottons.  My pants came out so wrinkled that I'm either going to have to iron them or wash them again and figure out how to stop the dryer from drying.  I hate that thing.  Can you imagine, I'm have to iron my good No-Iron Shirts?!!

Oh well, that's enough for one day.  Tomorrow the company has hired someone to take us on a tour of the country.  I just want to know to have my hair done and where the best market is.  There are no Targets or Wal-Marts or Krogers. 

Good Night to all on the other side of the World !!!

Trece

1 comment:

  1. Ok you just make me laugh... it's rough going to a different country, everybody does things a lot differently than we do here. I hope you can get used to your silly hob oven and washer dryer... and I am SHOCKED that you have to iron your no-iron shirts!! Insane!!!!!!! I'm sure things will get better for you once you get used to things over there. I hope your tour guide shows you all of the good places to go!! :0)

    ReplyDelete